Saturday, March 12, 2011

Change

I've been unhappy with Collide lately. I don't feel like I'm doing it the justice it deserves, and I feel stuck drawing it in a style I don't want to draw it in. I don't want know what style I do want to do it in, but this isn't it. It's wrong.

The problem is... If I continued to draw Collide in this style, I'd put myself in a rut. I wouldn't be able to change my art style. And my art style wants to change. It's trying, but it gets dragged backwards whenever I work on Collide. And when I have to take breaks from Collide, my style progresses (only to slide backwards when I start up again).

So, after consulting a few comic friends and voicing my concerns, I've decided to put Collide on hold until I know what to do with it. I'm going try different things, privately, and see what I like.

In the mean time, I'm going to start a new comic project, Strung Out. This one is more nailed down. I know the style I want to use, the script is done, and I know what everything looks like. It's ready to go. It's also shorter than Collide. Maybe I'll be ready for Collide once this one ends.

I am sorry that you all have to wait to know what will happen. I really am. But this is the right thing to do, and Collide will be better for it.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

You can't see it, but Mimi is making a sad face. But she also understands that you have to do what's right for you. And she loves Alli no matter what!