Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lying awake at night

Collide is on the precipice of beginning it's new form of life.

I've scripted quite far ahead, and finally sketched out the thumbs for the first two pages. I'm not 100% certain about my art style, but, I think it's okay this time. My friend gave me good advice that (in essence) each page is a record of our style at that moment. It can change, and it's good to be able to look back and see progress. That still terrifies me, because I'd like things to look as awesome as possible, but I think it's okay now, and I just need to get over that. Also, I need more confidence in my art. I think I'm letting the awesome webcomickers out there overimpress me, and it's making me wonder if I'll ever be that good. OF COURSE I WILL. I need to get over that too.

I've been studying other comics on the internet to see how they format their sites (color schemes, backgrounds, buttons, etc) to improve on Collide's site. I've got plans. As a result of that, I made the site private while I fiddle with it--sorry, dudes. When it comes back up, the previous version will be gone, but I might post it here or on my tumblr in a later date. Maybe I'll PDF it and toss it up on the site. Who knows.

Progress progress progress.

Today I catch a train to the city for a job interview at a place I've always wanted to work.

No comments: