Sunday, July 08, 2007

Illustration in Writing

So for the past few years, a friend of mine and myself and have been writing a story. Well, more like, he found out I could write and asked me to write his idea. He claims he can't write and gave me all the info he could think of, which wasn't much, and I went to work. He wanted a fantasy story about the elements and powers, water and fire and wind and such. He also told me, in a rather embarrassed fashion, that he wanted the main character to be like him. Name and everything. So, I started it. I thought of an idea, he loved it, and we expanded it. I bought a sketchbook and filled it with scenes and characters. It actually belongs to him now, but he went on a two year mission for our church, so I'm holding on to it and using it for the story.

So I took some of my favorites out of the book for you all to see! These are old, but are marvelously useful for the story. See, whenever one is writing a story, I believe it is a good idea to sketch out as many ideas as you can. The sketchbook may be full, but I'm still drawing stuff out.





No comments: