Sunday, June 18, 2006

Freedom in the mind leads to freedom on paper

Today while I was at church, I brought my school sketch book, hoping to get some real life work in. But my mind was restless and active, so I ended up sketching something out on the program, being that I am not permited to sketch imaginative things in my school sketchbook.


I love it, personally. I had gotten out of the habit of doing my sci-fi like style back in high school. Around junior year, I suppose. I went through a phase where everything had to be normal. Jeans, T-shirts, pont tails, etc. But recently I looked at a website and in looking at her work, I remembered how much fun it was to design my own clothes and hair styles. So I let myself run free today. And such a pleasing outcome! And I have a little tribute to Amy Kim Ganter in there. If you can find it.

Yeah, I need to let myself runaway more often.. In bigger sketch books. More elaborate things! Bigger! Better! Gwar!

No comments: